Roof Lantern Blinds
Roof Lantern Blinds and Orangery Roof Blinds – We offer TWO state-of-the-art solutions:
1. High quality Pleated Roof Lantern Blinds (the less expensive option)
2. Our new innovative SMARTZip™ Roof Lantern Blind System which needs no support wires (the more expensive option)
Whichever you choose, you can enhance the operation of your roof lantern blinds with our electric operation or home automation options.
SMARTZip™ Lantern Blinds
New-to-the-market SMARTZip™ roller system is specifically designed to bring out the best for larger roof lanterns. Wire free options for lantern spaces up to 3.6m wide x 3.6 long. SMARTZip™ delivers sleek aesthetics as well as controlling heat and light to enable greater use of your living space.
Pleated Lantern Blinds
An alternative to the zip roller system is a single duette honeycome blind fitted to the base of the lantern or skylight and is available as a wire-free battery operated option for sizes up to 1.5m wide x 2m long in a choice of fabric ranges and colours. Alternatively, if you have an orangery style conservatory you may want pleated or duette honeycombe blinds or French pinoleum blinds fitted to each panel of the window for flexible opening and closing of the blinds as the sun goes over the orangery.
For larger lanterns over 1.5m wide we recommend the SmartZip Lantern Blind.
SmartZip Roof Lantern Blind FAQ’s
Why Choose a Zip Roller Blind
Blinds for Roof Lanterns are often seen, at first, as being expensive, but do bear in mind that they are not to be confused with a simple roller blind. The main differences are:
- They are a cassette system with head boxes and side channelling
- Edges of the fabric have a ‘zip’ runner welded to them, to hold the fabric flat
- Electric blinds are wired into the mains, operated with a remote control or integrate into your smart home automation.
- Battery options for zip blinds are limited to 2m x 2m maximum, due to the size and weight of the blind.
- Fabrics used are high strength and designed to withstand being pulled by a motor
Using this enhanced specification, means that we are able to supply a product with no support wires for lanterns as big as 3.6m wide x 3.6m long. After this, minimal wires are required to support the weight and size of the fabric.
If you are looking for a more economical solution, we can supply a wire free pleated roof lantern blind up to 1.5m wide x 2m long, after which support wires will be required.
lanternblinds.co.uk is part of Oakhurst Blinds Ltd, a family-run business specialising in the design, manufacture and fitting of conservatory blinds and orangery roof blinds.
As an independent company we offer:
- largest range of fabrics and options specifically designed for roof lanterns
- free design service
- 5 year comprehensive guarantee
- competitive pricing without compromising quality
- superior customer service from our directly employed staff